ROLE UK supports demand-led requests for UK government, legal and judicial expertise to contribute to rule of law development activity in DFID’s 27 priority countries.
We identify, fund and mobilise UK government lawyers, solicitors, barristers, practising and retired judges, legal academics and in-house legal experts to support activities including:
- peer to peer mentoring
- scoping and supporting justice-related problems and solutions
- reviewing draft legislation and constitutional text
- designing and delivering legal, judicial and skills training
- developing manuals to enhance awareness and implementation of laws and legal processes
- sharing experience and international insight with key change agents